Russia is a Bottomless Pit of Bad News
Perusing the news one day week, one was besieged by bad news, each incident more horrifying than the last. Just have a look at the horror, and remember: It’s just one day in the life of Vladimir Putin’s Russia:
- In the week before, Russia had spent nearly $10 billion in FOREX reserves defending the plummeting ruble. It was on the cusp of plunging below $400 billion in total reserves, and if it continued spending at that rate its reserves would only last 40 weeks, less than one year.
- Moscow’s largest open market had to be entirely shut down due to race wars.
- Once again, a Russian SLBM missile exploded on launch. Now, more unsuccessful launches have occurred that successful ones.
- Russia was totally humiliated as not one but four key nations snubbed its invitation to an ex-Soviet summit meeting in Moscow. Ultimately, half the members of the group told Russia to drop dead.
- And every major world news organization was carrying the horrifying story of Natalia Estemirova, shot and killed the day before by an assassin dispatched by the Kremlin’s puppet in Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, who had repeatedly and openly threatened her life.
Wow. Kinda takes your breath away, doesn’t it? Exactly how many days like that can a country survive? Not many, we think, not many.