MONDAY AUGUST 11 CONTENTS
(1) EDITORIAL: The Russian Carcinogen, Spreading
(2) Russia Destroys its Relationship with the United States
(3) Russia Bombs Civilians in Georgia Proper
(5) The Russian Olympic Cheating Scandal Widens
(6) Nazism and Sovietism were Just the Same
NOTE: Russian forces have crossed the border from South Ossetia and invaded Georgia, seeking to conquer the city of Gori and “cut Georgia in half.” The New York Times reports: “The advance appeared to answer the question on which the conflict had been pivoting: Would Russia simply occupy the two separatist territories of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, or would it push into Georgia, raising the possibility of a full-scale invasion?” As we report below, Russia has also bombed the outskirts of Tbilisi, the Georgian capital. Vladimir Socor of the Jamestown Foundation explains how Russia provoked this conflict and what it hopes to gain from it.
NOTE: La Russophobe is now publishing on WordPress and using Blogger as backup, reversing the prior status quo. Please update your bookmarks accordingly. All new content on LR will appear here first.