Above, you see a photograph (from Publius Pundit) of a street in Venezuela’s capital city of Caracas, thronged with hundreds of thousands of people protesting the regime of dictator Hugo Chavez. Venezuela faces a challenge to democracy from Chavez that is very similar to what Russia faces from Putin (in fact, Putin and Chavez are pals just like Krushschev and Castro used to be), but here we see the difference between Venezuelans and Russians: The former are prepared to take risks for democracy and to build a better future for their children. It seems that the latter are not. Not only have we never seen such a scene in Russia, we cannot imagine there ever being one.
The Glorious Russian Flag!
Welcome to La RussophobeYou may e-mail La Russophobe with comments or submissions for publication consideration at email@example.com. Congratulations, you are now reading the best Russia politics bloggers in the world! Our press: "Essential." -- Blogwatch "Ferocious." -- Peter Finn, Washington Post "Notorious." -- The Moscow Times Our creed: You don't really know Russia unless you read La Russophobe! Our motto: Russia is the best country in the world . . . except for all the others. Our slogan: "Что-то типа Новой Газеты на английском языке." (Translation: Something like Novaya Gazeta, but in English). NOTICE: This blog quotes from source material, and links to it. When a post contains quotes and original material, the quotes are in ordinary print and the original in boldface. See "About LR" in the title bar for copyright notice.
Supporting La RussophobeLa Russophobe does not solicit or accept financial support from any source. If you would like to show your support for LR and your opposition to the rise of dictatorship in Russia, the easiest way is to create a Digg or StumbleUpon or Delicious account and use it to favorite some of our posts. LR also welcomes your e-mail comments and submissions for publication, and we urge you to support the effort to boycott of the Sochi Olympics.
Feed La Russophobe!Click here to feed La Russophobe
Russia’s Invasion of Georgia: The Truth
Remembering Natalia EstemirovaClick here to honor the memory of Natalia's daughter Lana by making a contribution to her education fund, established by the Memorial human rights organization.
Search our Archives
Archives by Month
Blog Stats (add 300,000 from Blogger)
- 3,758,019 visits
- La Russophobe’s New Blog is now Live
- La Russophobe is now on Facebook and Twitter
- September 30, 2011 — Contents
- EDITORIAL: We Told you So
- EDITORIAL: Estonia Whips Russian Butt
- EDITORIAL: The Russian Economy is Collapsing
- Viking Russia, Land of Barbarians
- Andrei Zubov, Russophobe
- Kara-Murza on Putin’s Return
- CARTOON: Yelkin on Putin’s Return
- SPECIAL EXTRA EDITORIAL: Putin, President for Life
- September 23, 2011 — Contents
- EDITORIAL: Prokhorov in the Woodshed
- EDITORIAL: Drunken Russian Killers
- EDITORIAL: Does Britain still Remember Chamberlain?
Costas on EDITORIAL: Peter Lavelle, Scum… Peter Lavelle on EDITORIAL: Peter Lavelle, Scum… clearer on Peter LaVelle: Scum-sucking tr… Apricot on EDITORIAL: Barbaric Russia, mo… Andrew on EDITORIAL: Barbaric Russia, mo…
Tag CloudAnastasia Pavlyuchenkova barack obama boris nemtsov Boris Yeltsin bric chechnya china cold war cold war II dave essel dmitry medvedev economics editorial ellustrator essel estemirova freedom house Garry Kasparov gazprom georgia history hypocrisy ikea ingushetia internet iran journalism kasparov KGB khodorkovsky kozlovsky Kremlin latynina maria sharapova medvedev Mikhail Gorbachev Mikhail Khodorkovsky Moscow Nadia Petrova nemtsov novaya gazeta obama oleg kozlovsky ossetia paul goble Politkovskaya putin racism ramzan kadyrov russia russian army russian economy russian stock market russophiles saakashvili Sergei Magnitsky sharapova siberia sochi Soviet Union sports stalin stanislav markelov Svetlana Kuznetsova tennis ukraine united russia United States Vera Zvonareva vladimir frolov vladimir milov vladimir putin vladimir ryzhkov yulia latynina Yury Luzhkov
Category Cloudchechnya cold war II contents corruption economics editorial elections georgia halls of power history hypocrisy iron curtain journalism litvinenko militarism murders neo-soviet crackdown neo-soviet failure opposition groups rating russia rhetoric russia russian people russophiles social services sports sunday photos translations Uncategorized weaponizing energy
- Scumbag former senators look to profit from Russian evil. publicintegrity.org/2014/09/02/154… 7 years ago
- The Russian Mothers Waiting for News of Their Missing Soldier Sons newsweek.com/russian-mother… 7 years ago
- @Dr_Ariel_Cohen Important point! Obama, obsessed with nuclear disarmament, is radically impeding it! 7 years ago
- @DanielabKennedy Not where Russia is concerned. 7 years ago
- RT @ARothNYT: Two leaked convos btw Pskov paratroopers which claim 80 soldiers from their company were killed in Ukraine. 1/2 http://t.co/… 7 years ago
LR’s Google Page Rank