Barack Obama has announced the intention to retain the Republican Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, in the new administration. Gates has been tough on Russia and strongly advocated missile defense. Leftist wackos, like William Greider of The Nation magazine, are peeved. Is this a good sign that Obama will not betray democracy where Russia is concerned? We’d like your opinion.
The Glorious Russian Flag!
Welcome to La RussophobeYou may e-mail La Russophobe with comments or submissions for publication consideration at email@example.com. Congratulations, you are now reading the best Russia politics bloggers in the world! Our press: "Essential." -- Blogwatch "Ferocious." -- Peter Finn, Washington Post "Notorious." -- The Moscow Times Our creed: You don't really know Russia unless you read La Russophobe! Our motto: Russia is the best country in the world . . . except for all the others. Our slogan: "Что-то типа Новой Газеты на английском языке." (Translation: Something like Novaya Gazeta, but in English). NOTICE: This blog quotes from source material, and links to it. When a post contains quotes and original material, the quotes are in ordinary print and the original in boldface. See "About LR" in the title bar for copyright notice.
Supporting La RussophobeLa Russophobe does not solicit or accept financial support from any source. If you would like to show your support for LR and your opposition to the rise of dictatorship in Russia, the easiest way is to create a Digg or StumbleUpon or Delicious account and use it to favorite some of our posts. LR also welcomes your e-mail comments and submissions for publication, and we urge you to support the effort to boycott of the Sochi Olympics.
Feed La Russophobe!Click here to feed La Russophobe
Russia’s Invasion of Georgia: The Truth
Remembering Natalia EstemirovaClick here to honor the memory of Natalia's daughter Lana by making a contribution to her education fund, established by the Memorial human rights organization.
Search our Archives
Archives by Month
Blog Stats (add 300,000 from Blogger)
- 3,105,713 visits
- La Russophobe’s New Blog is now Live
- La Russophobe is now on Facebook and Twitter
- September 30, 2011 — Contents
- EDITORIAL: We Told you So
- EDITORIAL: Estonia Whips Russian Butt
- EDITORIAL: The Russian Economy is Collapsing
- Viking Russia, Land of Barbarians
- Andrei Zubov, Russophobe
- Kara-Murza on Putin’s Return
- CARTOON: Yelkin on Putin’s Return
- SPECIAL EXTRA EDITORIAL: Putin, President for Life
- September 23, 2011 — Contents
- EDITORIAL: Prokhorov in the Woodshed
- EDITORIAL: Drunken Russian Killers
- EDITORIAL: Does Britain still Remember Chamberlain?
Emory on EDITORIAL: Barbaric Russia, mo… pennystocks.com bbb on Essel on “The Soviet… Son on Annals of Where are they Now:… natural on EDITORIAL: Zagat on Russi… Erik on EDITORIAL: Robert Bridge, Sham…
Tag Cloudboris nemtsov chechnya china cold war dave essel dmitry medvedev economics editorial ellustrator essel gazprom georgia iran KGB khodorkovsky kozlovsky latynina maria sharapova medvedev Mikhail Khodorkovsky Moscow nemtsov novaya gazeta obama oleg kozlovsky paul goble Politkovskaya putin ramzan kadyrov russia russian economy russian stock market russophiles Sergei Magnitsky sharapova sochi Soviet Union stalin tennis ukraine Vera Zvonareva vladimir putin vladimir ryzhkov yulia latynina Yury Luzhkov
Category Cloudchechnya cold war II contents corruption economics editorial elections georgia halls of power history hypocrisy iron curtain journalism litvinenko militarism murders neo-soviet crackdown neo-soviet failure opposition groups rating russia rhetoric russia russian people russophiles social services sports sunday photos translations Uncategorized weaponizing energy
- @Alexey__Kovalev @lukeharding1968 The problem is that Russia lost by more than 100 points. 41 minutes ago
- @niktwick @Mairbek_France Becahse he hates France, duh. What's amazing is that his new home Russian "cuisine" is nowhere on his list. 42 minutes ago
- New Russian Olympic sport announced: throwing donuts into mouth while prone. vestnikkavkaza.net/articles/socie… 44 minutes ago
- @tsparrow5000 It also helps him justify his policy in Syria, where he claims his is helping regime fight Chechen terrorists. 2 hours ago
- @deiniolofthetwo Well what else does Russia possibly have to offer Britain? 2 hours ago
LR’s Google Page Rank